We got our act together and created a convenient google form where you can submit your proposal. Here it is! Link below.
Hello Friends and Fam,
The rumors are true. The Allied Media Conference is just around the corner.
Just as exciting, the day-long Healing Together Network Gathering will take
place on Thursday, June 20, the first day of AMC2013. We will come gather to
strategize and develop a network structure that explores the barriers,
challenges and dreams we have for a Healing Justice network throughout the
continent. This will be a space for all genders and all bodies where
participants can build upon last year’s conversation and work. Our mission is
to explore and strengthen the work that happens at the intersections health,
healing, media and organizing.
SO, join us, participate, stretch, howl, lead, and listen! Submit a proposal
for the Network Gathering. Just remember it’s due Friday, March 22 at
midnight. Submit here:
and pass it on.
Examples of potential content:
– Creating a take-home collaboratively compiled Healing Together zine,
including handwritten herbal remedies, relaxation exercises, healing tips or
– Small group discussions focused on dealing with the challenges we face in
healing work that come back together in a larger group to creatively display
– An activity that uses our bodies to physically map in the room the places
where we do healing work, followed by breaking into smaller groups by region
to discuss strategies and possible collaborations.
– Mini-sessions that build capacity within health organizations/collectives or
individual practice (i.e. successfully using alternative payment systems, how
to find or use best-practices, community outreach strategies, etc.)
– Activities that center around a shared meal: engaging in meaningful,
intentional community together and creating traditions as a group
Things to consider when proposing a mini-session:
– Does the content in your proposed mini-session build in safety and
sensitivity towards specific participants (i.e. people of color, disability
community, activists, sexual assault survivors, LGBTQI)?
– How can you support participants as they process the content of your
– Can you imagine any juicy collaborations for your mini-session?
Please contact us with any ideas that might make our process more accessible
in terms of proposal support, outreach, or the development and structure of
the network gathering.
A registration form for the gathering will be sent out in the beginning of
April. Due to space limitations, we have a cap of 50-75 participants.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also post
comments or questions for the organizers on the Healing Together Network
Gathering discussion page on AMPtalk.
The Just Healing Network